April 29, 2009

I've got eyes behind my head

Just the other day I was passing through the hallway and caught a glimpse of the boys horsing around in the living room- jumping on the furniture, and without skipping a beat or pausing in my step from the kitchen I yelled out "Stop jumping on the Furniture". There was silence, and then I hear Dylan say to Riley "How'd she even see us, she's in the kitchen." Because I have eyes in the back of my head...
Its neat to see the amazement and wonder that Motherhood magic creates.

In recent weeks, I've noticed a significant shift in Dylan and Riley's mannerisms, composure, coordination, and comprehension. All of a sudden they've grown up and filled the shoes of "Big Boy" status. Its hard to explain... its just something that you all of a sudden see in your kids that wasn't there before.

I've always hated tossing out the common phrases like "where does the time go" or "they grow up so fast" because it just sounds like something you're supposed to say as a parent. And even though I'm still hesitant to tag myself to those bandwagon phrases, I will admit I'm actually feeling them.

No comments:

The triumphs and trials