January 02, 2009

Another one bites the dust...

2008 has blown past us, so here we are at start of another year. Looking back over the past year, I'm certain that we set some records or something... How many BIG life changing events can you encounter in 12 months? Lets see for the us it would be...
Said goodbye to our family Dog (Bauer)
Brady (Child #3) was born
Brad took a new job in another state
We packed up a house and moved, all in 3 weeks
Sold a house in 30 days
Katie took a new job
Boys started a new daycare
Bought a new van
and the best for last we got a FANTASTIC house
... and all the stuff in between.
I think just 2 or 3 of the above would have been enough for the year, but instead we got all them all... and one right after another!

Its easy to get wrapped up in all the craziness of 2008, but I'm thankful that we all left it in one piece... Healthy and Happy. I just worry that 2009 will be a little boring compared to what we've just gone through?!

I guess as long as we are still young, why not spend 2009 diving into more new things and chasing after our healthy boys... ok maybe a little less chasing and some more quiet moment enjoying. I'm really looking forward to moving into our house, meeting new neighbors and really "SETTLING IN" to our home. Its weird how even after 7 months of living in this townhouse, it just doesn't feel like home. Renting just doesn't give you the same home cozy feeling like owning a home does... add that onto a new city, and I still feel like a transplant and not a true Duluthian.
I look forward to the kids running around the roomy house and yard- finally having tons of space to play, Brad puttsing around his new workshop-doing projects for me, and me making the house our home with a little painting and decorating- oh, yeah and then a little relaxing in my Jacuzzi tub :-) Once all that kicks in I'm certain I'll be feeling right at home.

No comments:

The triumphs and trials