August 13, 2008

Brady is 5 Months old today






Brady is 5 Months old today. He's becoming a breath of fresh air for mommy too. At first I thought this child was going to be a breeze and just sail through the infant stages. But he fooled me! Just after we got unpacked and settled in, he started to up his demands. I've described him to be much like his father... Either in a really good mood or really pissed off. At least he was a gem during the move and those first weeks in our new home. But he certainly made up for lost time, and turned up the demands... at the time when he should be "growing out of things" he was just getting into the groove of more mommy time. Nightwakings, feeding demands and only Mommy's touch were on his mind... As I prepared for a new job, I put down my foot and started Mommy's boot camp with sanity as my goal. I partially blame the inconsistent routine we had around here, but at the same time I'm noticing its his personality (its the stubborn Onofreychuk in him). Thankfully with time and patience he's responded well to my boot camp and is now focusing more on being fun and cute, rather than needy and screaming.


Over the past month he's started a few new tricks...
* Blowing raspberries... you know that motorboat sound you make with your lips vibrating and dribbling spit everywhere. He's still a bit bashful with his new trick but will copy you if you're persistent.
* Rolling around... not quite rolling over though. He can't figure out how to get that dang arm outta the way to make it all the way over. But he did one day, because I was in the kitchen and heard a muffled like sound, so peaked up to see what it was, and here he was on his belly eating the playmat.
* Grabbing everything... grabs your plate when your eating, grabs the mail when your reading, grabs your hair, your arm, your chest hair (Brad not me) and loves to hook his big brothers by the lip. I tell them that's what you get for getting in his face.
* Everything to mouth... Once he's got a hold of something its slobbed up in no time. His favorite toy is a teething toy~ its a blue pretzel that he hang grab with no problem. He's got a death grip on this thing and will knaw at it while sliding the spit from ear to ear. How cute! Although all this drool and oral fixation has me worried that teeth might be on the way sooner than later.

No doctors visit this month, but I'm sure he's topping the charts at 17 lbs... Still loving the rice cereal and looking forward to the furits and veggies next month.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Katie, your hair looks great. The boys look great! Looks like you had fun at the lake! Wow, do we miss you around here. My brief Saturday phone call with you reminds me what an important part of my life you are. With that sob story I will say, LETS TALK AGAIN SOON! Hope your week is going well. Love ya doll!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 5 MONTHS OLD BRADY - UFF DA YOU ARE GETTING SOOOOOOOO BIG!!!!
TELL MOMMY THAT YOU AND YOUR BROTHERS WANT TO GO TO FARGO AUGUST 23RD AND MEET US AT THE ISLAND PARK FESTIVAL YOUR BIG BROTHERS HAVE BEEN THERE AND WE REALLY HAD A GREAT TIME - ALL YOUR FAVORITE AUNTIES WILL BE THERE - HOPE TO SEE
HUGS, AUNTIE

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Congrats on not only surviving all the chaos you've encountered, but thriving, as well. It's great to hear you're all adjusting so well.

The triumphs and trials