August 25, 2008

What is it like to be 4?


Just a few weeks after turning 4 yrs old, Dylan and Riley give narrative to what its like being 4...
- "I'm 4 Mommy, I don't need any help...I know the rules." Quoted Riley as he was buttoning his own shirt~ successfully.
- "Now look what you did... We're gonna go to school smelling like girls." Said Dylan to Riley after they dumped Mommy's whole bottle of Victoria's Secret LOVE SPELL body wash into the tub. Thinking they'd wash themselves.
- "You'll see" has become a sassy response from the wrongly confident 4 yr olds when dancing with authority.
- After questioning the birthing process (again) but this time wanting more detail... Riley was able to summarize that it happens either by "the doctor cuts the baby out with a knife." or "it comes from Mommy's privates, but not her butt."
- "Missed me, missed me, now you gotta kiss me." Dylan picked this up at school and was surprised when I chased him down and smoothered him with kisses.
- They gave each other Nicknames... Dylan has become "Dill" and Riley has become "Rye" ~ I guess no more Tubs and Toots. (we used to call them that when they were babies. Dylan was always just ounces bigger than Riley so he got Tubs and Riley, well had the toots.)

No comments:

The triumphs and trials