October 08, 2008

We've got a date...

Between work, home, and kids, its easy to see that Brad and I haven't had much free time to get out and mingle with other couples. But we've finally got ourselves a date for this weekend. Kevin and Valerie invited us out to their lake cabin for back in July for the 4th(which was a blast) so its not the first we've hung with them, but its taken this long to get together again. Before we meet up with them we've first got to attend the Duluth Heights hockey parent's BBQ...NO KIDS ALLOWED. In addition the highly important business meeting, we'll get to meet some grown ups here too. What a great night of big people conversation...no discipline interruptions necessary!
Believe it or not this will be our first night out in Duluth together.

Tonight when I was tucking in the boys, Riley held me up in his bed with a big hug, asking for me to "stay there all the time". As much as I'd love to enjoy an endless hug I do want to sleep in my own bed, so I explained how if I slept with him, Daddy would me lonesome in our bed. Dylan pointed out that "Riley when Mommy goes to bed, I'm still here... Daddy and Mommy share a room and we share a room." But then Riley recognized that, "But Brady doesn't have anyone in his room...maybe we should have another baby?" Hmmmm... something to ponder?... NOT!!! I offered to put a teddy bear in with Brady to keep him company and they concurred that to be a great idea.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

have fun on your date! you guys have to make sure to make out for a while....do it in the car, then it can feel like old times! Ha!

THE HIGH LIFE FAMILY said...

Hope you guys have a great time on your date night. It's not very often that Bill and I get to go out until just recently. One of my friends recently suggested that we take eachothers kids on occassionally so we can go out so that will help. Finally we can go some place over night with no kids. We have been waiting for 3 years for something like this to happen.
That's too cute about the boys having company and Brady not, hopefully they will buy the bear and we won't have to answer that question again.

The triumphs and trials