November 26, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

This year will be our first Thanksgiving as crew of 5... and no more! I am thankful that our family is complete, and that we are all in good health- minus the sniffles and coughs. This Thanksgiving we will find ourselves celebrating in Duluth, with a small yet still pretty traditional meal, as it will only be us. The turkey has been substituted with a turkey breast (we don't like dark meat) and since Brad doesn't like green beans, we'll be without the green bean casserole. I'm the only on who likes sweet potatoes, so that's out the door too. And I don't know how to make pumpkin pie (nor care to) so we'll have apple crisp instead. Of course we could have gone and bought a pie, but then your house wouldn't smell like yummy baking. The important thing is that we'll be together and have a great day, loafing around in our Pj's watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade on TV. I'm hoping that for that one day we can forget about making any decisions (new house, new van, new babysitter) and just enjoy simplicity.
Although I'll miss all the other family that we usual spend Thanksgiving with, I'm secretly excited to celebrate and start new traditions with my kids...like Mac & Cheese as a side dish ;-)
Hope you all have a Thankful Day as well.

No comments:

The triumphs and trials