November 13, 2008

Nothing in particular...

Not much going on night...Just enjoying the Thursday night TV line up. And in peace and quite, as I put all the kids to bed before 8:00 and sent Brad out with a buddy for beers. The only 2 shows that really matter to me are Grey's Anatomy and ER...he knows this! But every week during those shows, its always something...he's munching on chips, crinkling the bag extra loud, or playing on his phone making it beep, ring and sing or mimicking the shows, or poking at me, all just to annoy me! So tonight I treated myself and got rid of him. It was so nice!!! Maybe I can get his Wednesday night hockey moved to Thursdays... then I'd never have this problem again ;-)

Ah what else is there to ramble about? The weather... Over the years my father-in-law has rubbed off on me a bit, and now I talk more about the weather. I not near as extreme as he though= I don't watch the weather channel all day or follow the "systems" like he does. But the topic tends to come up in my conversations more than it ever did before. (Wait-Is this a sign of aging?...nah) So we've had a few flurries here this week, but nothing thats accumulated and stuck around. Some slow, cold, misty rain and the occasional gust of winds. Haven't seen the big Gales of November on Lake Superior yet either...hope they don't decide to stay away our first year here. Apparently the Gales make waves around 16 feet high, that then smash into the rocky shore like crazy. People actually surf the waves, they are so big. Sounds cool, I just hope I get to see them.
Of course the boys are excited for the snow, and every time they see snowflakes they comment "Oh...its soon gonna be Christmas time." Not yet my dears- we haven't had Thanksgiving yet.
Oh, one more thing... In case my Brother in-law Mike (Huge Packer Fan) is reading this... Go Vikes! Hopefully the beer made your loss a little easier last weekend. (I don't follow football at all, but couldn't miss an opportunity to rub salt in the wounds- GO Minnesota.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IT'S GREAT TO HAVE ME TIME :) THANKS FOR KEEPING ALL OF US UP ON YOUR FAMILY - I JUST LOVE TO CHECK OUT THE PICTURES AND YOUR STORIES -BRADY IS GROWNING WAY TO FAST - HALLOWEEN APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN REALLY SUCCESFUL - THERE IS A GREAT PROGRAM GOING ON HERE - BRING IN THE CANDY THEY PAY $1 PER POUND AND THEN THEY ARE SHIPPING IT OVER TO THE TROOPS - GREAT IDEA - I THINK THE KIDS EVEN GET A NEW TOOTH BRUSH.

HUGS TO YOU ALL
AUNTIE

The triumphs and trials