December 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!

Yes its my Birthday and I'm not about to hide... Mainly because it the last one I celebrate in my twenties. Thirty doesn't scare me a bit, but it does sound so much older than those figures starting with a two. A couple weeks ago, I took a picture with the 2 other gals that work in my program to send out with Holiday cards for the other 2-1-1 programs in the state. These young gals (22, 23) actually made me look old. You can tell I'm the oldest just by simply looking at the picture? Is it because I dress more professional or is it the fine lines and start of crows feet that appear when I smile? Whatever it is, I'm not liking it!! Sure 3 kids make me feel well beyond my age, only because of the experiences and priorities in my life, but now I look OLD too? YIKES!! I gotta get me a good facial regime to stop this aging process, before I look like a Sharpe.

As for celebratory plans today... My dear husband is taking me for lunch, as the boys after hockey this evening, and I've got a ton of packing to do to head out of town for the Holiday. So pretty low key. I did get to open my gifts from all my boys yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised with the Spa la la la la package I received of slippers, bath robe, perfume, and spa gift certificiate. I'm so glad they finally caught onto the need for a little mommy pampering. To all those reaching out on facebook, Thank you for the birthday wishes. Another year of greatness under my belt ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KATIE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU......
EVERY TIME I HAVE WRITTEN THE DATE TODAY I HAVE THOUGHT OF YOU :)
SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT A WONDERFUL GIFT FROM YOUR GUYS - THOSE 4 GUYS SURE KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOU!
HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU AT THE FISHING TOURN.
LOVE AUNTIE

Auntie Kim said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!
We'll see you on Saturday for sure!

Auntie Kim

Lynnsey said...

Happy Birthday Katie!! 30 isn't so bad ;) Did you see Jennifer Aniston's spread for GQ? She is 41. Maybe we could be on the cover ;) Anyhow, hope you have a great day, and safe travels back home for the Christmas holiday!

The triumphs and trials