March 07, 2008

10 days to go

As the countdown nears Dylan and Riley continue to ask... "Is the baby coming today Mommy?" and we respond with the generic statements like, in a couple weeks or pretty soon. You can start to see the look of frustration on their little faces as they have heard these responses now for the last several weeks, as any length of time to wait is extremely difficult for a 3 1/2 yr. So the other night we made count down charts, counting down the days until my induction. They took great pride in coloring these charts and maticulously placing the stickers. This morning read 10 days and now we can start counting on our hands :-)
I'm getting really excited and I know this last week will just fly by, because I've got a bunch of "things" to keep me busy. This weekend we are heading home to visit my parents and celebrate an early 50th for my mom (March 30th), then next Tuesday I have my last Doc appt followed by my monthly Mothers of Multiples meeting that evening so I'll be able sneak in one last night out of good conversation and fun. And if I want I can stay out as late as I'd like because I decided to take next Wednesday off to spend home alone in attempt to get some rest and relaxation. Then its just 2 more work days until the weekend- Friday will be my last day at work until JUNE 10th!! How sweet is that!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

1 comment:

suziq32 said...

That is so neat how excited your guys are about the new baby. They will be great big brothers! Wow, only 10 days to go! It will be here before you know it! :) Hope to see you on Tuesday!
Suzi

The triumphs and trials