March 26, 2008

Ahhh, its quiet (for now)

The big boys are off at school, Daddy's at work and the little man is all cozied up having a rest on my chest. Soon that will change as I HAVE TO shower (got a hair cut appt tonight), eat and get ready to go pick the boys up from school at 12:30- then race home to squeeze in a good nap before Brady's 2 week check up this afternoon. So I'll enjoy the silence while I can.

But back to Monday... (That was my first day home alone with all 3 boys) The day flew by and without any problems. The big boys were really good, and Brady was perfect. Since I do better with an agenda or plan of action to look forward to, we ventured out the library Monday morning... Who would have thought the Northport Library (outreach site) didn't open until 11:00?! I had just bundled up 3 kids for this outing!! Thankfully the grocery store is in the same strip mall so we killed 20 minutes until it opened, shopping the half priced Easter Candy ;-) and snacks for our Duluth trip this week. After making it back home for lunch, it was nap time :-) and we all had a good rest. Then before you know it Daddy is home, but this is when the problems start... Daddy isn't very patient these days and the boys have been testy, so I'm constantly refereeing their power struggles. Ugrrrr... I felt like sending him back to work!!

Tuesday morning was a bit more interesting, as I had just bundles everyone up to take Dylan and Riley to school (for 8:30) and when we got out the van it wouldn't start?!! So back we go inside, undress and wait for Daddy to come help us out. (This was all after a fun struggle over getting dressed and out the door.) And wouldn't you know when he shows up and tries the van, the damn things starts!! Thankfully he tried a couple more times and at least one of the times it didn't start, so I didn't look like a complete lunatic. $500 later we've got a new starter and battery. If its not one thing its another!

I hope the Onofreychuk's can keep it together the rest of this week, as we prepare for a little trip out to Duluth for Brad's interview. It may be a really good sign for Brad that they want him, as they are putting us up at the Lake Shore Holiday Inn for not only one night but two nights, and in the Kids suite that has special accommodations and a separate room for the kids and keep in contact with Brad daily about his visit. YIKES... This has got my wheels turning and could really knock my socks off if he were to get offered the job.

Well my solitude is coming to an end as Brady is starting to remind me thats its time to feed again and get the ball rolling for a busy afternoon. I'm curious to see how this kid has grown since his birthday just 2 weeks ago (His face already looks a little fuller). Ciao~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I am excited for the job potential but must admit at the same time I am sad because if you move I will miss you bunches. Do keep me posted on the dr appt as well as the interview! Happy Thursday!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Katie~
Your fam is so beautiful. We had a good time out at the mexican viliage on Friday night...missed you tho. I wonder if all of us girls can go out- just meet for some drinks, pop whatever and hear about your trip.
Greta

The triumphs and trials