March 23, 2008

Big Boy Bath Time




Today was Brady's first big boy bath!! He lost his umbilical cord stump or "plug" as Dylan and Riley call it and therefore is now able to be submerged in the bath. As you see in the pictures, he doesn't mind the bath at all. Even up to this point when we've been giving him sponge baths he's loved it and not even flinched to the water being poured over his head. It was really neat to see how happy he was after his bath... It was like he was trying to make sounds and smiles- but of course for being only 10 days old he couldn't produce the exaggerated expressions. His eyes were wide open, and scanning the room as he kicked this legs and swung his arms around (Daddy calls this the wind mill move). I just can't explain it as Brad and I are probably the only ones who could pick up on this happy little moment, as it sheds a fun glimpse of whats to come as Brady continues to learn and explore the world around him. The last picture is of Brady all clean and sporting new jammies. He is such a serious guy...
Of course Dylan and Riley were on standby during this monumental moment. The cutest part of it was that they had their new swimming goggles on that the Easter Bunny had brought them this morning. And I guess if it wasn't for Daddy's quick hands they may have come in handy as the little man sprung a leak in the tub.

Other than the big bath tonight we've had a quite Easter Sunday... as just the 5 of us we enjoyed a nice ham dinner (lunch) accompanied with other traditional Canadian and American favorites. But then decided we didn't want ham leftovers for supper so I went out and got Burger King. Figure we'd be eating Ham all week so why not, and Daddy was craving a burger.

Tomorrow will be my first day home alone with the 3 boys. And after a scary weekend of attitudes and behaviors I'm a little worried. However, I do think that now all our help and company have left and Daddy won't be around to pick on the big boys, things may start to come together a little better- I can only hope. Wish me luck- and I'll let you know how it goes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie, those pics are great! I think he looks a lot like Brad! Let me know when you are in need of some more company!
Love ya, Jenn

The triumphs and trials