April 02, 2008

Duluth... Here we come

Yes, its true... We are moving...ASAP!!
Holy Shit, I know... To all my friends and family don't drop your jaw and freak out... I need your support and encouragement to make it through the next 3 weeks (or more) without losing my sanity.

Brad was offered and accepted the position in Duluth on last Monday night. They want him right away, so he put in his 2 week notice and plans to stay out there starting April 21st. Being a new arena there's a big hype going on right now with getting in the ice by a contract date of April 15th so he actually left this afternoon for 2 days in Duluth, to work out some kinks and smooth things over until he officially starts April 21st. So while he's been busy talking business with the numerous phone calls this past week, gathering up press release material, and preparing for these meetings. I've been left the big task of orcastrating the big move for our family.

To save you all (and Me) the time of lengthy phone calls to get the scoop, here's at best what I can tell you for now...
The house hit the market last Wednesday and then we had an open house during the blizzard yesterday. After one short day (with the kids at home, mind you) to get the house clean, organized and de-cluttered for pictures and to start showing last wednesday things were on their way- There's no turning back now. Despite the terrible weather (it was supposed to be 60, not a Damn blizzard!!) we had 8 parties come through and check out the house on Sudnay, and then 2 other showings over the past week. We're are guessing/hoping that the one coming tomorrow night is a follow up from the open house and pray to get an offer soon, as our plan is to all be moved out to Duluth by then end of April. Brad will be looking at rental properties out there this week, and we hope to find a suitable temporary place to call home for a few months, while we house hunt out East. There are some pretty suit mansions along Lake Superior that I've got my eye on, but I think they may be out of our price range? So since I can't get shoreline property I'll just have to settle for a great view from a hill top home... Its soooo gorgous out there. I can't wait to wake up and peer over the great lake superior each morning. Sure beats the Red River!

Dylan and Riley are pumped about Duluth... However I don't think they really have a clue what "moving to Duluth" really means. Ironically when we were out there 2 weeks ago, they had asked "why don't we move to Duluth, like Lilli (neighbor) moved to Grand Forks?" At this point we hadn't clued them into anything, about our visit out there, so this was thought up all on their own. Brad had asked them what we would do if we moved there, and they concluded, Daddy would work at the rink and Mommy would work at the hospital. ~Who knows it could work out that way?

Brady... well he's just been a super baby with this whole thing. Over the past week, he's been patient and content, allowing me time to get things in order around the house. I forget that he's only 3 weeks old... feels like he's been around much longer, because we just gel.

So I've covered Brad's job, the house, the kids and now what about my job you may ask? Well, I'm not exactly sure yet?! I've requested a meeting with my manager this week, and haven't heard back on a date/time yet. Where things are now, I'm technically on maternity leave until mid June, and so I'm not sure how my resignation will all work out? I haven't told anyone at work yet, because I'm waiting to talk with my boss first. So if any of you out there are affiliated with or have interactions with my collegeaues at MeritCare please respect this and give me atleast until the end of the week to work this out. Once out there I'm not sure when I'll start the job search? Maybe casually at first and if nothing then aggressively by summers end :-) As fun as it sounds to have the summer off, I'm not sure that being a stay at home mom in a new city, with no outside connections/outlets sounds like great fun. But you know me, I like to be out and about, so I'm sure it won't take me long to fit in and be right at home.

My, my lots to do and little time to do it. I haven't even started with the goodbyes, and don't look forward to that part at all. But I better get ready, as tomorrow night will be my first shot at it, as I make the big announcement to all my friends at my Mothers of Multiples group. I've had so many good times, and made some good friends from this group, its going to really suck having to say goodbye. I've done some checking and found that yes Duluth has a MOM's group as well, so at least I'll have some social outlet, and an opportunity to make new friends.

Now you all know why my blogging has been so sparse... and I'm sure for the next month it will continue that way. But i'll do my best to keep you all up to date with our move and the growing pictures of the little man. Until then, have a drink for me (If I wasn't nursing I'd be drunk right now to calm the mind) and say a little pray that my kids be on their best behavior during this moving process, and that our house sells quickly~ for the asking price :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, this totally is awesome for you guys!! How sad for us, your friends!! We will miss you!

Jo

suziq32 said...

WOW, you've had a busy couple of weeks! Well, obviously this was all meant to be since Brad got the job offer...and your house sold in a week. Congrats to you...I bet it feels good that everything is falling into place! We are so happy for you guys and we will definitely miss you!
Suzi

The triumphs and trials