April 13, 2008

SOLD!!!

After a quick week (exactly) of our house being on the market we got an offer last Thursday. After a more reasonable counter offer, have an agreement for purchase (pending a home inspection this afternoon) and closing date of May 13th!! I know- can you believe it!! What a huge sigh of relief. And just as a back up plan our agent had another open house today, in case our first offer should change her mind after the home inspection (unlikely, but you never know). So today we had lovely weather and 18 parties come through our home, with a 2-3 that would possibly be interested in making an offer if our first one falls through. With all that said I think its pretty safe to assume our house is SOLD!! It was literally on the market for only 7 days!

I am so excited to not have an immaculate home any more. The stress and exhaustion of constantly cleaning was too much. Every time we left the house I had to make sure things were in order, in case someone wanted to stop by while we were out. Dylan and Riley will be glad to have me off their back as well... hopefully they learned a thing or two over the past week about keeping a clean room?

Last thursday I also met with my boss, and discussed my resignation. She is said to see me go, since I've been a loyal employee for the past 7 years. Not sure when my "last day" will be, but I do know that at least I don't have to go back into the office to work my last day. I just need to pick a day to close my file :-(

Today I busy myself with laundry and packing suitcases for our trip out to Duluth Tuesday. Unfortunately, Brad didn't get a chance to check out any rental places last week so we are all heading out there this week for a couple of days of rental house hunting and more meetings for Brad. Good thing the hotel has a pool that will keep the big boys entertained, as Duluth hasn't been having the nice weather we have had here in Fargo. Last Friday, Duluth got a blizzard that dropped 12-16" of snow and completely shut down the city...the mail service was even stopped. Not sure how much snow is still there, but we'll soon find out. Here in Fargo its supposed to get close to the 70's today and tomorrow? I was hoping to get a prettier and greener picture of Duluth... this muddy snow and dirty dusty streets just don't do it justice. THINK SPRING!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GLAD TO HEAR YOUR HOME IS SOLD - NOT SO HAPPY ABOUT THE MOVE - THANK GOODNESS FOR YOUR BLOG SO WE CAN KEEP UP ON ALL THE EXCITING NEWS - AS FOR BRAD LOOKING GOOD? WE'LL HAVE TO TAKE A VOTE ON THAT ONE! (just kidding) KEEP US POSTED IF YOU SHOULD NEED SOME EXTRA HELP ON YOUR MOVE AUNTIE & UNCLE AL ARE JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY!
HUGS TO YOU ALL

The triumphs and trials