April 24, 2008

Round 2

So after the home inspection from our first offer, the buyer had these ridiculous requests for repairs and further inspections on our home- which would cost us about $12,000-$15,000 to do. So needless to say that offer fell through when we declined her requests. But it wasn't more than a day before we had our next offer :-) which is a young couple excited to buy their first home (much like us when we bought the place). They had their home inspector out to the house this afternoon, and now we wait to see what they found, and/or want addressed before sealing the deal. We are very lucky to have such interested parties, but all the times we've been asked to leave OUR HOUSE for showings, open houses and inspections is wearing me thin. Thankfully for Dino Land and the Food Court at the mall otherwise I don't know what the boys and I would have done all those times. Hopefully today was the last time and we get good news from our Realtor this weekend that will list this place as SOLD!

Brad has had a very busy week at work, and has been dearly missed back home. Although at first the silence was probably a nice retreat, I know he's missing us all like crazy. Yesterday morning Dylan asked me, "When's my daddy coming home?" and thankfully I could tell him in just 2 more days. Its been a long week without Daddy. His parent's have been staying with us since last Thursday, and have kept me alive for the past week... they have looked after all of us. Mum has been a packing machine! She certainly has things moving and is really getting things done around here. Between Brady's 2 hr feedings and the basic needs of the other two, and myself, I couldn't get anything else accomplished. And trust me, I'm not the only one loving their presence either... Dylan and Riley are having a blast with their Nana and Papa being here. The first thing they ask every morning when the wake up is "are Nana and Papa still here?" Pa has been in charge the men takes them around in his truck, which is the coolest to them. I'd be dying without them here!
Now I just fear next week, when I'm in Duluth trying to unpack without the help?... Anyone up for a road trip?

No comments:

The triumphs and trials