July 31, 2008

Sniffles, Sneezes and Snots

One can expect that exposing your children to an environment of germs (daycare) will lead to days of misery...however I wasn't expecting them so soon. Just after one week of daycare, all three boys and myself managed to catch a cold. First of all, how goofy to get a cold in the summer... its much harder to lay around when the weather is gorgous and your social calender is packed full of things to do. Second, Dylan and Riley should be immune to almost every bug out there after 3 yrs of daycare center germs. And third, I NEVER GET SICK!! Everyone in my house could have TB and I would never get it. And this time around I've got it worse than the kids! Dylan's got a runny nose, then Riley and Brady both have the runny nose plus a cough. Thankfully none of them are really uncomfortable or really seem disruppted by this bug. Me on the other hand... I've used almost a whole 100 count box of Kleenex in the last 2 days. I'm certainly not impressing my officemates during my second week on the job. They've had to hear my blowing, sneezing and congested cough all week...How gross! My garbage can is pure Kleenex. Between the Halls cough drops and hand sanitizer, my desk smells like quite medicinal.
Being the new girl, I didn't really want to call in sick, but certainly should have for how crappy I've been feeling. But today's a little better, and I think its on the way out... at least it better be. My poor chapped nose can't tolerate any more blowing (and either can my co-workers).
Hope you're all feeling better than me.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hope you are feeling better! Miss you bunches!

The triumphs and trials