July 25, 2008

City Girl

So after a full work week I'm feeling all sassy... Not so much because of my job, but more of the surroundings. Downtown Duluth, is a real "Downtown"... Its got buses running like crazy (people actually use public transportation here, unlike Fargo), cultural Mom and Pop eateries, tons of business people running around, busy traffic, underground tunnels, a vast skywalk, parking meters, points of interest and architecture. The great thing about working here is I get to venture out into this world for a fun lunch or just for a stretch break around the block. Having been confined to the towering walls of a Health care System for the past 6 yrs its quite different and neat to be part of the downtown vibe. And with the nice skywalk system right from our building, I won't have the cold winters slowing me down either.
The only thing I'm finding scary about working downtown is the traffic... My gosh you'd think there was a disaster coming the way everyone races out of here to get home each day. I'm afraid to cross the street to the parking lot most days, and would never consider J-walking with the way some idiots drive around here. Add the steep hills and blind intersections to this equation and that only makes it worse. Sure I'm guilty of picking up speed coming down the hill to work in the mornings, but that's mother nature pushing you along. Going up isn't so effortless, and who's in a hurry to get home?... Certainly not any adult with children. Must be newlyweds, that just die being away from their spouse all day? Whoever it is slow the hell down!!
So its Friday and we've got a sunny weekend ahead of us... We've been invited out to a Lake party tomorrow, and will be making it a family affair. "Rappalooza" is the event ~ Its actually our Realtor Kevin Rappana's famiy that is hosting it out at their lake cabin. Its the 10th Anniversary of Rappalooza... full of beer, food, fun and did I mention beer? Looking forward to meeting some new friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comments on the driving of other made me laugh out loud. Yeah, who would want to rush home to their kids :) I am excited that everything is going so well for you, the house sounds fabulous!!!! I can't wait to hear more about it in your upcoming posts.

Lynnsey

Jenn said...

Hope you had fun on your weekend of adult hood! Hope the job is going well, and keep me posted on the house!!! How awesome!?!?
Love ya,

The triumphs and trials