June 11, 2008

Call Back

Yes... I got a call back from United Way! I am one of the top 2 for the position and have been invited back for interviewing with the Board of Directors on June 24th. I'm super excited, yet very nervous as the Board consists of some local Big Shots. I was hoping some of Brad's connections would be on this board but no luck there, guess I'll have to do it on my own ;-)
This time I'm getting prepared for the interview long in advance. I've bought a new outfit (that fits) and have it already ironed too. My interview is at 9:40am so thankfully Brad is able to just take the whole morning off, and can help wrangle the kids so I don't have to worry about them before I head off to the interview this time. Keep your fingers crossed... and wish for Big Bucks!! I've been doing some research on DayCare options and costs, and things aren't looking so cheap. (Can daycare and cheap even be used in the same sentence?) By the looks of it, we'll be spending close to $2000 a month at a daycare center, unless we can find a nice, clean and loving home daycare for the kids. YIKES thats a chunk of change. It was nice having preschoolers on a reduced rate... Infant child care is $195 a week!!

Off to the lake for some cozy time in the camper... looks like rain all week. Good thing Brady and I have made arrangements to stay with Raelyn in Fargo tomorrow night. Grandma and the big boys can have the camper to themselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREETINGS TO YOU ALL
WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS! YOU WOULD MAKE A GREAT CHOICE FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOR THE UNITED WAY - I WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE (BOARD OF dIRECTORS) FOR 6-YEARS HERE IN JIM-TOWN. IT'S A WONDERFUL ORGANIZATION, VERY REWARDING, AND FUN!IN MY 6-YEARS ON THE BOARD I EVEN TOOK ON THE CHAIRPERSON FOR A CAMPAIGN OUR SLOGAN WAS "LET YOUR HEART LEAD THE WAY" I WOULD/COULD SHARE ANY QUESTIONS. OUR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR WORKED OUT OF HER HOME, THINKING THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME FOR YOU! GOOD LUCK!
WE STOPPED BY YOUR MOM & DADS ON THAT SATURDAY, (6/7) BUT YOU WERE ALL GNE, SORRY WE DID NOT GET TO VISIT MORE, HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU AGAIN AT THE WEDDING!
HUGS TO YOU ALL,
AUNTIE

The triumphs and trials