June 16, 2008

Great Great Grandma Clara is 95

This last Sunday we spent the day celebrating my Great Grandma Clara's 95th Birthday in Tabor, MN. Not too many people can say they have a Great Grandma, so for my kids to have Great-Great Grandparents is pretty neat. (My dad's Gpa is still living too).
At 95 yrs old, she is still sharp as a tack, and witty. She lives in a retirement community, and is mostly independent, aside from errands and such. She has aged well, and keeps up with her travels, fooling anyone to think she's 95.

Brad caught up with us on Saturday just in time for the festivities, which included a Polka Mass... Yes I said Polka mass. A catholic church service, with a tuba, snare drum and accordion. The boys bopped along during church, the big boys that is. Brady made his appearance with a screaming fit mid service, demanding to eat. The Polka didn't stop there... we headed next door to the town hall, for a lite lunch, cake and more Polka. This time there was a dance floor! Chicken dance anyone?!

28 yrs ago I was the last link to a 5th generation as my Great-Great Grandma Myerchin was still living. Now I have birthed not one, or two, but THREE children for my grandma Clara's 5 generations. She is so proud of these boys. I just wish we could see her more often.

After a long day of Polka partying, and at the conclusion of our 2 week get away the boys were tuckered out... We weren't more than 3 miles on the road before they were out.

No comments:

The triumphs and trials