June 12, 2008

Tying up loose ends...

Brady and I visited Fargo these past 2 days, with a list of loose ends to tie up, and people to visit one last time. My dear friend Raelyn and her hubby Darin put us up for the night, and caught me up on all latest Fargo news. Nothing too exciting has been missed, but it did feel weird talking so much about Duluth as my home in our conversations. I cleaned out my office,turned in my badge and pager at work and had a little farewell lunch with my office/building mates. It wasn't as sad as I thought it should be... I think that being off for maternity leave played around with the emotions and actual process of leaving my job/co-workers? Apparently MeritCare got slammed with violations last month during their review, and along with huge penny pinching, sounds like I got out when the going was good.
Brady and I also met some girlfriend potential... Sohpia was born May 15th to my friend (and fellow Mom of twins) Stacey. Dylan and Riley have dibbs on her 2 older sisters Oliva and Mari, so everyone can now be happy when our families get together :-) Too bad we live so far apart... (Drew and Stacey, you're welcome to visit any time!)
Got 2 new tires put on the van (all the recent miles had the wires poking out!), took my wedding ring to Riddles for its routine warranty check, picked up pictures at Sears from our April photo shoot, got a new cut and color from my fav hairstylist, signed off the books at Children's Place and stopped by Dylan and Riley's old school for one last farewell before heading out of town.
Oh yeah, and I had to drive by our old house... On the way there I was a bit nervous... I didn't want to find the new carpet (that we're still paying for) lying on the curb or the boys play structure pulled apart and just a pile of lumber in the yard, or my gentlly trained grape vine ripped from the fence...thankfully there was none of that. Just a lone gal standing at the kitchen counter... didn't look like they had moved in yet, as there were no living room lights on, and the walls were bare... I just saw her standing there... in my house. It was so weird to see that image, as it still felt like my house... down the street I went, past my old neighbors... driving under the shade of the big tall oaks that line the streets... Goodbye old house...

No comments:

The triumphs and trials