May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day



Happy Mothers Day! Today my boys took me for a fabulous brunch at Blackwoods on London Road (great Lake Superior view). They got dressed up, and so I myself, had to put aside the sweats and dig out the dress up gear. Thankfully I had some stretchy gauchos that did the trick as I still don’t fit my “normal clothes”… But I have to say it felt good to get all dressed up and feel somewhat sexy again.
The rest of the day was spent around the house. But I did get to put my feet up, as Brad looked after the children and prepared a nice steak dinner for us. He even cleaned up the kitchen afterward!  (All this good food today really blew my diet!)
This was the first mothers day were I really felt it…The years before Dylan and Riley were too young to really get the drift, but this year they did. They knew that today was a special day for Mommies and so several times throughout the day (without any prompting), I got hugs, kisses and I Love You’s from them. Too bad it comes only once a year… Mothers Day should be everyday!! Having Brady be part of Mother’s Day this year, was also the icing on the cake. He gives me the feeling of ~ this is my family, we are complete. So please God no more surprises 
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

No comments:

The triumphs and trials