May 16, 2008

What a chunk

Mr. Brady weighs 13lbs. 13oz... He's in the 95% for weight and 60% for height. Every thing else is in check and he looks great. Unfortunately though he had 3 shots and a liquid vaccination yesterday, so the little guy was pretty uncomfortable last evening. It seems he slept it off, and is himself today. Our new pediatrician seems fantastic, and very relateable. She's 30 something and has young kids as well, so hopefully we've found a good fit.

That kid is getting milk made of gold, and its showing! I just had to take a pic of him in his diaper to prove it and will get it posted ASAP. I remember when Dylan and Riley were about 3 months old and I took a diaper shot of the boys to document their pudginess. Some of you may still have this photo, it was one I sent out with Thank You cards from their showers. The best are the rolls that stack up their little thighs. I wish I could go back to that moment in life where rolls upon rolls isn't a body image issue.

Yesterday after Brady's appointment I swung by a street that was having a bunch of rummage sales for a little break from the kids. The homes on this street were huge and gorgeous... so you'd think nice stuff at the sales, but it wasn't good at all, so I was disappointed. However I did have quite the experience at one of the stops which was a house sitting at the top of the hill. The street was at a very large incline, so much that the sliding van door just shot back when I pulled the handle. I wasn't so sure that it was even safe to park on that kind of incline, but everyone else was so I did. But I was sure to use the emergency brake as a back up.
On the way back to the van was when the view hit me... My gosh it was beautiful. This home had an awesome view of the hillside and lake. I'm finding that
most every where you go in this town, you can find a moment of beauty. This has really summed it up for me, that when looking to buy a house, its got to have a Lake view. Why live in such a beautiful city, and not be able to enjoy it every day of your life? Guess I better start saving now, because you certainly pay for the view. Even if its just a peak of a view from the attic window, at least I'd have a place to go and take it all in?! :-)

Finally the weather is nice around here... today is the second day in the 60's and boy does it feel great to breath that warm air. The boys love being outside, especially when they don't have to wear their jackets and hear me shout "pull up your hood" every 5 minutes. I'm super anxious to get out and stroll the Lake walk now that its warmed up. My mom is coming this weekend for a visit to our new home, and Duluth for the first time. I'm excited to have another adult around the house, and someone other than Brad to hang out with. Plus we'll get to show her the city and do some more site seeing ourselves. There's so much to do and see here, I love it!

PS... At the bottom of each blog entry is the opporutnity for you to talk to me by posting a comment. Try it out, I'd love to hear what you've got to say, and to see who all reads this thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,

I missed you at the multiples meeting last week, it wasn't the same without you. I hope you are adjusting to life in Duluth, I am sure it is lonely at times but I know you will make lots of new friends.

I am sorry we didn't hook up before you left town, between our orlando trip, kitchen remodel, convention and strep throat in our house it seems there was never a day I could sneak away.

Brady sure is a doll :) Sawyer has those milk rolls too, you just want to eat them up. He is almost walking and almost a year old. Time goes too fast.

I read your blog faithfully and look forward to new updates.

Lynnsey

The triumphs and trials