May 20, 2008

I've got an interview

So I've been putting it off, but this past weekend I saw a job opportunity that I should apply for. St.Mary's hospital is looking for an emergency room social worker, so I submitted my application/resume online late last night. When doing so I noticed that the application deadline was April 28th, but since I had just saw it in the paper I thought what the hell and applied any way. So when the phone rang this afternoon I was completely caught off guard as the Human Resources rep asked me for an interview. It hadn't even been 24 hrs since I submitted my resume?! The gentleman on the phone started by saying "I am very interested in your experience and your over all resume." :-) So I'm going in on Thursday for an interview.
I enjoy working in Healthcare, and know the ER is an exciting place, but also know what bad things come through an ER, so I'm not sure what to think about the position? I guess I've got nothing to lose, and with be back in the work force, that puts us one step closer to getting out of this townhouse. (Its hard to guess what you can afford when you don't know your total income).
In a way I kind of feel bummed, because I was looking forward to the summer off with the boys. If offered the job, maybe they'd compromise and let me start after the 4th of July (summer mid point). We'll see, lets just make it through the interview first. I suppose I'll have to shower Thursday, and dig through my work clothes to see what'll fit. Oh yeah, I better brush up on my interviewing skills too, as its been awhile since I've been in the hot seat. What Pressure!!
Wish me luck...

4 comments:

THE HIGH LIFE FAMILY said...

Good luck on the interview and hope all goes well. Hopefully you get the job and they will let you start later on in the summer so you can enjoy time with the kids.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the interview Katie! I am sure they will be so impressed with the whole package once they get to meet you in person. I will be anxiously awaiting an update.

Lynnsey

Anonymous said...

Emergency Room experience you have been living/training for the LAST 3-MONTHS! Once you tell him/her that you just had a baby on top of raising twin boys, and a husband that just took on a new job which requires selling a home in 14-days and then re-locating to another city - THAT'S WHAT YOU CALL AN EMERGENCY ROOM - GIRLFRIEND you are ready for that position!
GOOD LUCK from all of us here in the Dakotas!
HUGS & MISS YOU ALL, Auntie

sschneid said...

Show them your radiant personality and you'll have it. Watch out for people like Carol she was horride in my interview at MC, it was almost two hours long. :)

The triumphs and trials