May 22, 2008

Well my big interview was today, and I kicked ass! The biggest challenge was finding something to wear. Clothes were flying out of the bins this morning as I frantically rummaged through them. looking for something "professional" to fit. If it wasn't the muffin top spilling out of my pants, it was my chest bursting at the seams and about ready to pop the buttons off my top. Thankfully I hadn't done my hair or make up at this point, cuz it was ugly. So, of course after all this scurrying around I was running late (totally my style). To make it out the door in time I had to put on my makeup while nursing Brady. (Very talented I know) Dylan and Riley were even Mommy's little helpers this morning. Dylan chased down Brady's sucky, plopped it in and kept him cool while I was ironing. And then Riley held my mirror (tried to any way) while I put on my make up. They even asked "what else I can do to help?" What sweethearts. They were rewarded with a little Scooby Doo action while I did the finishing touches.
A very quick drive to the hospital, sweet parking spot and adequate change for the parking meter, I arrived at 11:52 ready to knock their socks off. There were a few questions that I had to stop and think about, like "what would your supervisor say you need improvement on?" Ummmm yeah- didn't know what to say to this. Had she ever given me any real disciplinary action then it may have been easier to come up with something. (But I'm just so damn good ;-) So instead I had to come up some cheeseball response to answer their question. It was something to the extent of me having fault in not openly sharing my vast knowledge with colleagues and being a better teacher?! I really thought I was gonna strike out on this one, but thankfully the manager interviewing me knew what I was getting at and gave an example the really nailed it on the head. (bullet dodged) Otherwise I was on fire! Sssssss
I felt great and no doubts that they want to hire me, which is great right?!... Well after hearing of the hours they want (yes hours not pay) I'm totally not in for it. They are looking for someone to fill a part-time position (28hrs wk - SUPER!)...all good until they gave the shift schedule which would be 2:00pm-12:00am e/o weekend and then 4:00p-12:00a during the week to total 28 hrs a week. LIKE COME ON!!!! I want a life. I would never see my hubby, and as a family we really wouldn't function very well on those kind of hours. Sot thats a done deal... No THANKS!
Thankfully we aren't in a position where, I'd have to accept. So I'll knock this one off the list and hope that I get an interview with United Way next week. Its a position that I'd much rather have, and I'm certain the hours won't be ridiculous.
At least I got some practice.

No comments:

The triumphs and trials