May 19, 2008

What a day

Today was one of those days where you just can't get anything accomplished. Last night was a long one, with Brady waking up more than usual, and Dylan peeing the bed in between getting up with the little one. I think I've been mostly awake since 2 am? So at 8:00 when Brad left for work, I had Brady finishing up a feeding, and Dylan eating Captain Crunch in bed with me. I dozed off and woke to all 3 boys in my bed watching cartoons. Hey it worked until 10:00 when Brady's diaper just couldn't hold out any more and I had to get up. I managed to throw in a couple loads of laundry before lunch but never did get around to folding them. After an exhausting battle to get the toys picked up, it was nap time :-) and for once in the last 2 weeks they all feel asleep at the same time, so I hopped back into bed and took a quick 30 minute nap myself. As much as I wanted to just stay in my jammies all day, I did have to shower and look extra nice this evening, because it was my big night out...
I went to dinner with the Twin Ports Mothers of Multiples at Baker's Island in Superior, WI (just over the river). This was the first time meeting these ladies, so I had to look my best and make a good first impression. After all this is my only connection to the outside world and therefore I needed to be accepted. A group of 15 women came out for eats tonight, and thankfully they all seemed pretty normal ;-) Although May is the last meeting until September there are occasional gatherings throughout the summer that will help me get to know them better. One thing that I've already found pleasantly different about this group, is that they fund raise very little (almost none at all)... very small/tight budget yes, but at least they focus more on the moms and aren't pulling you in 50 directions to try and make a buck. It will definitely be interesting to see how a group of 40 members fairs compared to the group of 130+ that I left behind in Fargo.
(Yawn) I'm back in my sweats, and the news is on, so it looks like its time to hop back into bed. I've got a big day ahead of me tomorrow... I've got to make a trip to the grocery store with the 3 kids.
Hopefully the laundry fairy will have those clothes folded by morning.

1 comment:

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Hi, Katie.

It seems strange that you're suddenly so far away - I hadn't realized how much of a presence you have until you were MIA at the last RRVMOM meeting. I'm glad you're enjoying your new community. I used to work up there one day a week and I just loved it. It really is beautiful! You'll have to wax up your skis - Spirit Mt. is a lot of fun!

The triumphs and trials