May 09, 2008

The outing

The weather is still crummy and in the cool 50’s or rainy, so after a long week of being cooped up I ventured out with the crew to the Children’s Museum. I had been warned that the signage was extremely poor, but knew the general vicinity of the museum so I thought I had it under control. However the extremely poor signage was an understatement…there is NO signage!!! So with 2 anxious boys and a hungry baby in back we circled the block not twice or three times, but four times, before making the 2nd phone call to Brad for directions. Thankfully there was a lady in his office that saved they day, as Dylan and Riley were starting to rub it in… “Mommy we already went this way.” “Can we stop driving around and go in already.”
Ok, so we made it… but before we go in, the little man needed to eat. So there I sat on the floor of the van, discreetly feeding Brady in the parking lot while people wandered by. Thankfully I was smart enough to keep D & R buckled up and had fruit snacks to throw the wild animals, otherwise we could have made quite the scene. After collecting myself and the troops, we venture in, only to find that half of the museum is closed for construction. (Only me) But having come this far I paid my $10 entry fee (like how ridiculous for an adult) and went in any way. Wouldn’t you know the “good” half was the part under construction... So it really was a bust, but at least gave us an hour or so out of the house that day.
By late afternoon, the sun was warming up and it was feeling more like spring, so Brad took us out to Canal Park to have dinner at the Green Mill. I know its sounds like nothing special, but it’s the atmosphere of Canal Park that sets it apart from others… plus they didn’t have a ridiculous wait time to get in. There are so many neat shops and restaurants down there I can’t wait for it to really warm up, and we can spend a sunny day taking it all in. There’s so much to see and so much to do… Its just finding the time, and juggling it with the 3 kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD TO SEE SOME NOTES - HAVE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT ALL OF YOU! UN-PACK YOUR CAMERA AND POST SOME PICTURES OF THE BOYS - STILL CAN'T BELEIVE YOU HAVE MOVED? DON'T WORRY THE NICE WEATHER IS COMING - HAVE HAD LOTS OF ROUNDS OF GOLF - HUGS TO YOU ALL
AUNTIE

The triumphs and trials