February 18, 2008

Back to work we go... Monday is here, and the temps is -8 but with the wind chill its more like -30. After a teasing look into spring on Saturday, when we hit the melting 30's, the mercury continued to plumit through the weekend right back to the subzero temps. Wonderful~ just wonderful!!
At least the boys got out for a good hour yesterday morning before it turned nasty. The way those 2 were running around and carrying on I thought they were about to tear down the house. Thankfully Brad was feeling well enough to take them out to burn off some of that energy. But then Grandma paid a visit, and the excitement and craziness started all over again...thankfully it was soon nap time I was able to get out and run some errands with my mom.

On Friday I got to see my grandpa Bob for just a few minutes, after he and my uncle Bill flew in from Las Vegas. It was late and they were on their way back home to Crookston, but I got a good hug in, and he got to see my beach ball belly. (His emergency heart surgery was Feb 6th). Although he's still got a long road ahead with post op visits, lifestyle adjustments and his pesky ;-) family checking in daily, its great to have him back home.

Other good news this weekend, is that I got a response from the Nanny ad that I posted on MSUM and NDSU's campus job shops last week. She's currently in nursing school and has experience caring for 3 yr old triplets!! Could this be the one? (We meet with her on Wednesday) My fingers are crossed, as 3 kids in a daycare center is quite spendy, plus I'd rather keep the little man away from the "germs" as long as possible. Those 7 months we had Dani "the Nanny" coming in to our home to look after the boys was wonderful!! The convenience, absence of illness and extra help with housework is something I dearly miss and hope to get back soon!

We've gotta be on the end of this artic freeze...until then stay warm!!

1 comment:

THE HIGH LIFE FAMILY said...

That's one thing I don't miss is the cold weather. We don't even have any snow yet! I don't think we will be getting any but that's okay. I know what you mean by the housework and getting behind on it. Granite I have only 2 kids I know it was hard for me when Bill was gone to Iraq to keep up on everything. We hired a nanny after Tristan broke his elbow in daycare and that was the best thing we could've done. I love it and she helps keep the house picked up which is even better, and oh yeah she lives right next door to us. People have given me crap because we have a nanny but I love it, yeah I could've enrolled Tristan into german kindegarten but the "germs" I don't like to deal with either. Just from him being in the CDC he was always sick and now that he's at home he hasn't been sick that often. I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy and I'm glad to hear that your grandpa is back home on the road to recovery.d

The triumphs and trials