February 04, 2008

What Better Time...

It has been 4 years to the day that I found out I was having twins! And ever since that pregnancy I've had the intention of setting up a family webpage, which would document our adventerous lives with pictures and blogs. Well better late then never right! So here it goes... I hope you enjoy the journey as I take on My 3 Sons (and husband).

Dylan and Riley are almost 3 1/2 now and with baby (boy) #3 on the way I'm gearing up for life as a mother of 3 sons. At Christmas I asked my auntie Kim for some advice on having 3 sons, and from what I remember, she just let out a chuckle. Not sure if that was a laugh of sympathy or lucky you? Considering what I was like as a teenager, I think that YES I am lucky.

With only 6 weeks to go until his big debut, we've been busy getting the house and life in order to take on the addition of the little man. Brad finished up the nursery last night, and got the crib put together. Man was that werid looking at a crib again... Granted its only been 7 months since the boys broke free. I think its the little mobile that did it...and then theres the change table, monitor, diaper pail and pint size clothes hanging in the closet. OK so its the whole room, that makes me smirk. Having sold everything (but the crib-yeah, I was that convinced that we weren't having more) from the boys, we've been out getting the necessities. Thanks to good deals and good friends I hope to have it all covered by his arrival.

The common question these days is "How have you been feeling?" And at first I was quick to volunteer the candy coated version "Oh, great!" But as time DRAGS on and I continue to pack on the pounds my response has changed. It depends on the day, but more days than not, I'm gripping about my ever so large belly and how difficult it is to go from lying to sitting position or to roll over in bed. This sleep thing is ridiculous!! I'll wake up every 3 hrs, some time for no reason, but then because I'm awake I head to the bathroom, in hopes that if I go now maybe I won't have to get up in the next 2 hrs with the urgency to go. After a nice cool drink I return to bed to flop around like a fish out of water, trying to get comfy and fall back to sleep ASAP before my mind takes off in 50 different directions. All the while I listen to Brad calmly rest as he is completely oblivious to my night time disturbances. If its been a really bad night I may "accidentally" nudge him and let out a sigh just to let him know I'm uncomfortable. Hey if I can't sleep why should he?!
Really though its not all that bad... Seriously! My Dr. visits are short and sweet, no complications, the baby's head down (at this stage in the game), and I just keep trucking along. Thankfully my body bares children well, and I have been given the blessing to experience it a second time around.

5 comments:

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I had no idea you're a terrific writer - thanks for sharing your life with us!

I can totally relate about the sleep thing. Hang in there. Our little guys will arrive before we know it and then it will be other sleep issues we're complaining about.

Anonymous said...

Katy,

You are such a beautiful person inside and out and thanks to our funny and dearest to our heart friend Jenn BUrns, we have gotten to know eachother. YOu are a trued gift to your friends, your family and your profession. I LOVE your blog that is so great- your an author too! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm~ I thought my name would appear and my nickname would be... I don't know where- ok, I guess I am

Anonymous said...

going to be true grit instead! :)

Auntie Kim said...

I am so glad I found out about this site. I've added it to my favorites on my computer so I'll be checking often for updates. Thank you to Dylan and Riley for the Valentines. I've put them in my treasure box.

The triumphs and trials