February 15, 2008

TGIF

Yipee- Its Friday :-) The week just flew by!
When I picked the boys up from school yesterday Dylan was super excited to share with me that he was the one who broke the pinata at their Valentine's party, so he then had to demonstrate the manly whack that did the trick. For the next hour they couldn't stop talking about how they can't wait to have a pinata at their birthday party (August).
Other excitement in their world was the success of passing their skating lessons last night. So in double celebration of their success and the Holiday we stopped for ice cream as planned, on our way home. I had a chuckle as we sat there enjoying our cool treat still bundled in our jackets, next to a frost covered window, as the snow whipped by and the bank sign read -20. Only in North Dakota! I was disappointed to find there was no Tangy Taffy ice cream,though. So instead I settled for a cup of Cotton Candy and Cake Batter. No, this isn't a weird pregnancy craving- these are the flavors I would normally order. Yes I know, my kids have the coolest mom in the world!! You can forget the chocolate and all that other fancy stuff with the nuts, and fruit swirls. Gimme Cotton Candy, Bubble Gum or Cake Batter! Ymmmm...

After a busy evening of chasing around, Brad and I settled in and had a nice pillow talk before bed. I complained, as he listened to me carry on about how we are so busy with our own schedules and raising a family, that I feel we forget about each other. To my surprise he recognized that yes this is true and, yes we do need to start making more time for each other. But sometimes I just lack the energy and motivation to plan yet another thing into our busy weeks. With both parties on the same page we're bringing back date night... So for those of you out there who plan to visit us in the next couple months, come prepared... as you may find yourself left to watch the boys while we paint the town red :-)
Hope you enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

Sweet Mary Sunshine said...

Cotton candy and bubble gum - those are my favorite ice cream flavors, too! Why don't they sell them at the grocery store though? I look a few times a year, just in case. Good for you for indulging - for your sake and the boys!

The triumphs and trials