February 22, 2008

Sleepless in Fargo

(In the coming months I have a feeling this heading will pay visit to this site often- but it was worthy of making a debut today.)
Great heading for this blog, considering how my night went last night. At supper last night I was whining to Brad that lately I've been waking up at 3:30-4:00am and not being able to fall back asleep. He commented that he was aware, as its hard not to notice the rumbling in bed. I thought maybe its because I've been falling asleep at 8:30-9:00, so I suggested he keep me entertained until at least 10:00 so that I'm not dosing off on the couch so early. Makes sense right?! To try out my theory I went out to a friends Signature Home party last night and didn't hit the sheets until 10:30, ready for a good nights sleep.
Things were going good until about 12:45 when we heard the first "Mommy" whimper coming from Dylan- which is extremely abnormal for them to call out during the night. Between Brad and I we had been in there 4 times addressing his complaints, getting drinks of water and rubbing his back. He wasn't sure what the problem was each time but kinda said his tummy hurt, and asked to use the potty, so we weren't really sure what was going on? This went on for about a half hour before the volcano erupted. Poor guy, was so upset about the mess in his bed, and that he had to change his Shrek jammies b/c "I barfed everywhere, Mommy". After clean up duty he was feeling much better and literally went running back to bed? This morning you would have never of guessed he had been sick during the night. And as a matter of fact it was 7 am when he and Riley were singing and giggling in there room?? And that was that- just a one time thing?
...But back to my sleepless night... after the big ordeal it was about 1:45 before I laid back down, tossed and turned for an hour before I finally turned on the TV for some entertainment and to stop the circling thoughts. Gee before you know it, its 4:00am and I'm still awake!! I think I might have fallen asleep shortly there after for a few minutes, but woke to Brad's alarm at 5:00am (fishing trip today) so here I am awake again... I tried sooooo hard to just squeeze in that last hour of sleep before my alarm would ring- but no go. I'm just so frustrated that I can't get a good nights sleep while I still can. I haven't a clue what to do? Its not like I sleep all day, and actually I haven't been napping on the weekends either. I can't even blame it on urination frequency, as most times I don't even get out of bed and no real crazy stunts from the baby during this time either. I just can't fall back asleep! I'm at a total loss... I might go crazy if this doesn't stop.

1 comment:

THE HIGH LIFE FAMILY said...

I so remember those days of not sleeping when I was pregnant with Tristan. I'd be awake all night tossing and turning and my best sleep would be between 6am and 10am and that was all the sleep I could get. I would try and lay down to take a nap in the afternoon but that didn't work either. I think it's your body getting you ready for the baby. That's my guess.
I hope no one else gets sick for you. I've been lucky the only kid that has been sick was Tristan and that was only because Bill was gone. He get's sick to his stomach for awhile after a big change. I think he got sick at least once a day and that would happen at night time. I'm glad it wasn't the flu but it still sucks having to clean it up.
I hope you can get some well deserved sleep soon. Take care!

The triumphs and trials