February 12, 2008

Nap time, Please...

After a very long weekend of being left at home with the dudes(Daddy had a hockey tournament)... the boys headed off to school yesterday and I to work. I have to admit that yesterday was one of few Mondays, that I was looking forward to work. I hadn't stepped foot out into the Artic Chill all weekend, and needed that fresh breath of air, along with a break from toddlers. Dylan and Riley were such monsters on Sunday I was absolutely beside myself. I won't bore you with all the little things, so I'll just highlight a few of the "good ones" that happened during nap time. A little history for you that dont know... Since 5 months old the boys have been super good sleepers/nappers. You lay them in bed, they stay in bed, fall asleep, stay asleep and stay in bed until you go in and get them. Even since they moved into toddler beds, they'll hang out in bed until we get them in the morning. of course there are the very rare instances where you they get a little bucky or need 3 drinks of water, but those are so very rare. Thankfully with the little one on the way, I've still got nappers...Yes, even at 3 1/2 they nap (at home anyway) for about 2 hrs in the afternoon. But Sunday was not a normal nap...
By Sunday afternoon, I was running low on energy and needed a good rest myself, so nap time was calling my name. I even turned down a visit from my good friend Jenn, because I needed this nap so bad. So I hit tuck in the boys and take my position on the family room couch downstairs, where its dark and quite...Ahhh, YES!! Nap time. 20 minutes of resting and I hear commotion up in their room, so I head off to lay down the law. Just normal fartn' around at this point. A few toys in bed with them and covers all over- Get things settled and back downstairs I go. Now its been another 30 minutes and just as I'm starting to dose off I hear an extremely loud thud/bang and crying, so as fast as my beluga body (the boys refer to my belly as "Baby Beluga") will move I race up the stairs into their room to find both boys balling. "Dylan bit me!" "Riley pushed me off the bed!" Not sure how the fight started but Riley had bit marks on his arm and claims Dylan bit him so that's why he pushed Dylan off the bed. After everyone calmed down, apologized, forgave and hugged, it was back to bed. At this point I was certain that they were exhausted from the crying, and it was now almost 3:00, over a good hour since they first laid down. Back downstairs I go, positive that this was it and we'd all be sleeping in 10 minutes or less... Well I do think I dozed off for a few minutes, but was awakened by yet more commotion from those two yahoo's upstairs. As I stomped down the hallway I hear Brad come home from Hockey, and called him in as reinforcement. I was still the first to arrive on the scene... There were pieces of FLUFF, fuzz, batting, stuffing, whatever you call it all over the floor. "Riley pulled the fluff out of my blanket Mommy!" "Dylan helped me too." SERIOUSLY!! At that point I collected the fluff, shoved it back in the blanket and turned them over to their father. I was done!!
So much for a nap for anyone that day...

No comments:

The triumphs and trials