February 08, 2008

What no Hug or Kiss?

This morning I had the chore of getting my guys out the door and off to school (daycare). Usually I'm off to work before they get up, so Daddy is left with the morning wrangling routine and I pick them up at the days end. But today the roles were reversed... As I quietly open their bedroom door all I hear and see across the room are sheets and covers flying over their heads. Oh no, I'm thinking... We are going to have one of those mornings. But with a sweet "Good Morning" from their mommy I got an surprised response as the covers were flung to the side with smiles and kisses being offered. The rest of the morning (30 minutes) went wonderful. Ok, we had one melt down, when Riley insisted that I put Dylan's shoe on him...they wear the same size, and have the exact same shoes! How could it be the wrong shoe?!! Thankfully I didn't have Dylan's shoes on yet, so the swap wasn't a big deal. (We had this problem once before, except Dylan had his on and wouldn't trade with Riley, so he cried all the way to school and told me he was going to tell his teacher that I made him mad). So any way... we get to school, hang up their gear, and they run off to play... "WAIT!" I shout, "What about my hug and kiss?" With a quick glance over their shoulder I get (Dylan: "I don't need one today, mom." (Riley: "Yeah me either." as they run off to the music room to join their friends. What?! How is this possible? Usually I'm tackled with hugs and kisses any time I leave, no matter where I'm going. I'm convinced this was just a fluke and not the early signs of "manhood" where its too cool to kiss your mom in public. Little STINKERS!!

No comments:

The triumphs and trials