February 20, 2008

What to wear?

I'm so tired of my clothes!! I've got 2 pairs of pants that fit nice, and another pair that I make do with, just to get me through the week. Thankfully we have casual day (extremely rare) at work this Friday so I can throw my Blue jeans into the mix this week. But then I've got about 6-8 different tops that I rotate between... So hopefully I can keep switching it up enough that people don't catch on to my extremely limited wardrobe. I just don't want to buy anything with this little time left. Sure I've got some bigger stuff from the boys, but wearing those tops make me feel worse, and just HUGE! I even had a chuckle last night when I went to put on a T-shirt for bed and belly has hanging out the bottom. Plus my maternity wardrobe is from a summer pregnancy so I'm freezing on top of it all. ARGRRR... I'm just waiting for Stacy and Clinton to jump out and surprise me. (Hopefully there's an "off limits" policy for pregnant women?! Although I wouldn't mind a new $5000 wardrobe :-)
This morning it was -30 without the windchill factor... It is so damn cold here!! I was almost praying the van wouldn't start this morning so I'd have an excuse to stay home and avoid the cold. And when I think about it, thank goodness I haven't had this baby yet, because I'm counting on some nice weather so I can A) take the kid out of the house B) Send the boys out to play to give me quite time C) and then try to enjoy some of my time off in the warm sun. Those points are about the only thing keeping me patient at this point. Supposedly, we're moving above zero for tomorrow and into the melting 30's by the end of weekend? But I'll believe it when I see it. ND Sucks!

Last night the boys and I delivered a meal to Susan, a friend/co-worker/new mom of B/G twins. I was hesitant to bring the guys along, as Susan has 5 kids under the age of 5!! JUST CRAZY!! But she insisted I bring the boys, so her kids could see fresh faces and entertain each other. Her second child (Jacob) is just a week older than Dylan and Riley, so those 3 boys had a blast playing together... this gave us a glimpse of what 3 yr old triplets would be like. We are very thankful to be blessed with just twins. (Hats off to you HOM moms!) Before we left I did pull the boys aside to check out the babies (2 months old). They were very gentle, curious, and a bit shy of the little ones. But did comment on the tiny size of their fingers and feet. On the way home they talked about how "our baby brother will be that small, and we'll have to help him do things cuz he's little."

Tonight we are interviewing the first of 3 Nanny candidates, so I'm pretty excited. (2 of the girls are named Katie~ How funny) I hope my family is on their best behavior this evening and she doesn't leave the house screaming with her arms over head~ like I'd like to do some days. It would be so great to start using her before the baby, and even during my maternity leave. With the boys being able to speak up about things, I'm hoping to find a little more ease with trusting a new caretaker, but I know it will still be a tough process.

No comments:

The triumphs and trials